Today is the day… The day that I wave goodbye to age twenty-five. The day that I grow another year older and another year wiser. I’ve had my fair share of “Aha!” moments this past year, and I couldn’t be more grateful for having them. I’ve learned so much about myself, and so much about what I want for my future. I’ve recognized that my life path will have twists, turns, and bumps in the road which is perfectly fine. It’s what life is about; accepting the things I cannot change and working with any given situation to the best of my ability.
When You Wish Upon Yourself…
- I WISH to see only the POSITIVE in anything and everything… I WISH to wash the negativity from my mind.
- I WISH to have no expectations or assumptions of any kind, as having them can lead to disappointment.
- I WISH to set goals that are realistic and attainable.
- I WISH for the courage to stand up for what I believe in, and to set boundaries within my relationships.
- I WISH to become more open-minded and less judgmental.
- I WISH for the strength to recognize and admit when I’m wrong.
- I WISH to alter my eating habits, weed out artificial junk, and lead a healthier, happier life.
- I WISH to always make the time for meditation to reflect and cherish everything in my life that I am thankful for.
- I WISH to be more kind, and understanding of what others may be going through.
- I WISH to be comfortable in my own skin, push my insecurities aside, and accept my flaws with open arms.
- Most of all, I WISH to be ME and ONLY ME and never conform to what someone else may wish me to be.
To My Mom & Dad; I know I am a handful. I know I make mistakes. As you mentioned, Mother, I am always full of surprises. Not only do I want to make myself proud, but my goal is to make BOTH OF YOU proud. There are no words that can describe what you both mean to me. Thank You for EVERYTHING. I LOVE YOU.
To My Seester; Thank You for always believing in me. Thank You for always being there in hopes of guiding me in the right direction. I’ve always said we were like a Black and White Cookie, complete opposites. One thing is for certain, as I grow older, I realize we’re not so different you and I. We share a special bond, are connected by heart, and together… we come from the same cookie. I Love you very much.